- Senior Living – For clients needing basic services and general supervision
- Garden Lane – For clients needing daily assistance with care and those with memory issues
- Respite Care – For those needing a short stay for re-habilitation or caregiver respite
- Guest Meals – Invite your friends and family
- Private Parties/Meetings Space – Available to residents, family members and senior organizations
- Notary Public Services – Free to clients and families
- Fax & Copying – In house for clients and families
- Preferred Providers List – Our tried and true business contacts
- Home Health – in house with doctor’s orders
- Hospice – with doctor’s orders and if appropriate
When living alone is no longer an option, no matter what services you choose, Senior Living, Garden Lane, or Respite Care, the Yellow Brick House gives good value for your dollar compared to other options such as a nursing home or private in home care. With a single monthly charge that includes all standard services, our daily rate is generally less than the cost of a hotel room. Standard Services include three meals per day plus two snacks, personnel on duty 24-7, medication management, housekeeping weekly and laundry as needed, limited transportation, security and utilities. Pricing options are available for different levels of care as well as private or semi-private apartments. Other amenities and services are available at and extra charge and include diabetic care, private phone or cable connections, salon services and incontinent supplies. A non-refundable community fee secures an apartment.
A benefit is available to veterans who have served our country during active war time or their surviving spouses, called “Aid & Attendance”. This is a significant benefit that goes a long way to help to pay for senior residential care. To qualify, the veteran must have been in the service a minimum of three months with at least one day served during active wartime. The veteran did not have to be in a combat zone, just have been in the service during active wartime. The recipient has to need “Aid & Attendance” which means they cannot drive and that they would need someone with them if they left home. There are other qualifications, but those are the basics. The Yellow Brick House will assist clients in obtaining this benefit if they are qualified.
Long Term Care Insurance
Depending on the individual policy, Long Term Care Insurance may be a possible source of funding for Assisted Living or Memory Care.
Medicare or Medicaid
Medicare/Medicaid pays for hospitalization, re-habilitation after a hospital stay, doctor visits, home health, and hospice for seniors, all medically related expenses, but it does not pay for Assisted Living or Memory Care services. Assisted Living and Memory Care by definition are non-medical residential care.
Medicaid is available in some personal care and assisted living homes but there are very strict guidelines for eligibility. The Yellow Brick House does not participate in this program.